Definition of biosynthesis in English:
The production of complex molecules within living organisms or cells.
- Roma might reflect a more or less continuous biosynthesis of new cell wall material.
- All previous theoretical analyses of metabolic costs of lignin biosynthesis used glucose as substrate.
- Bacterial growth is directly linked to the capacity of the cells for protein biosynthesis.
- Example sentences
- A number of biosynthetic and metabolic processes require co-operation of different organelles or compartments.
- Based on sequence similarity to known wax biosynthetic genes, mutants with potentially altered cuticle properties can be selected from this collection.
- Therefore, it is not regarded as a direct major source of one-carbon units for biosynthetic reactions outside the mitochondria.
Definition of biosynthesis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan