The use of infectious agents or other harmful biological or biochemical substances as weapons of terrorism.
- As an agent of bioterrorism, the method of exposure to botulism would be through food consumption or inhalation.
- He has been a frequent speaker and lecturer on the subject of bioterrorism and chemical and biological warfare.
- The plague's reputation has been further reinforced by discussion of its potential use as an agent of bioterrorism.
- Example sentences
- Criminals strike - be they serial killer, bank robber, or bioterrorist - and the FBI is seemingly helpless to track them down.
- What if a hijacked plane hit a nuclear power plant, what if bioterrorists infected burger bars, what if we were flooded with smallpox?
- Obviously, then, the attack was a white-collar crime by one or more ‘white collar bioterrorist (s).’
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bio|ter¦ror|ism
Definition of bioterrorism in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.