- Relating to or resulting from living organisms: biotic interactionsMore example sentences
- The organism or biotic factor is essentially vegetation and is the summation of the plant matter reaching the soil.
- Manipulative experiments have provided some key insights into the abiotic and biotic forces influencing community structure.
- Living organisms function in the context of the abiotic and biotic worlds.
mid 19th century: from French biotique, or via late Latin from Greek biōtikos, from bios 'life'.
More definitions of bioticDefinition of biotic in:
- The US English dictionary