- An organic compound containing two phenyl groups bonded together, e.g. the PCBs.More example sentences
- Monsanto manufactured DDT and polychlorinated biphenyls before they were banned by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in the 1970s.
- However, the discovery of bacteria that eat biphenyls has led to research that could find an organic cure for this inorganic problem.
- An environmental task force in Sweet Valley / Cob Town, a largely African American and low-income white community in Alabama, filed suit against a chemical company that exposed the community to biphenyls.
More definitions of biphenylDefinition of biphenyl in:
- The US English dictionary