- (Especially of crustacean limbs and antennae) dividing to form two branches.More example sentences
- An answer lies, he says, in the origin and modification of the ancestral biramous limb.
- The appendages are primitively branched, and although this condition is modified in many species, adults always have at least some biramous appendages.
- The anteriormost five abdominal appendages are, almost without exception, biramous.
More definitions of biramousDefinition of biramous in:
- The US English dictionary