- The timber of an American maple which contains eye-like markings, used in decorative woodwork.More example sentences
- He once confessed to owning the prized possessions of a superb board of bird's-eye maple and Moluccan ebony, edged in sycamore, an 1871 boxwood and ebony Staunton set, plus a chess clock by Grant's of Stamford.
- What causes the unique patterns in bird's eye maple lumber?
- Birds-eye maple is an expensive and sought-after wood, and its decorative swirls and hardness make it perfect for these decorative and useful boards.
More definitions of bird's-eye mapleDefinition of bird's-eye maple in:
- The US English dictionary