- 1 [usually as modifier] Any of a number of plants with small flowers that have contrasting petals and centres, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● (also bird’s-eye primrose) a primrose with yellow-centred purple flowers (Primula farinosa, family Primulaceae). ● (also bird’s-eye speedwell) North American term for germander speedwell
- Bird's-eye primrose is a diminutive plant.
- Bird's-eye primrose has pink or lilac flowers and dusty looking leaves.
- Bird's-eye refers to the color pattern of the flowers.
- 2 (also bird's-eye chilli or bird's-eye pepper) A small very hot chilli pepper.More example sentences
- If you prefer your salsa hot, opt for the small bird's-eye, or even the eye-watering Scotch bonnet chillies.
- Bird chillies (cabai burung in Malaysia) are also called bird's-eye chillies because they are as small, vivid, and sharp as the eye of a bird.
- Believed to be one of the hottest peppers available, Tepin is a perennial wild, birds eye pepper of unique flavour.
- 3A small geometric pattern woven with a dot in the centre, typically used in suiting and lining fabrics.More example sentences
- This is a so called four-course repeat structure, which will produce a birds-eye-backed fabric.
- Again a further birds-eye-backed fabric is produced in which the yarn knitting on courses 9 and 11 is of the same colour as that knitted on courses 1,3,5 and 7.
- A simple pattern of stripes, interspersed with rows of bird's eye pattern make an interesting design.
More definitions of bird's-eyeDefinition of bird's-eye in:
- The US English dictionary