noun (plural bird's-foots)
- A European plant of the pea family, which bears pods shaped like the foot of a bird.
More example sentences
- Ornithopus perpusillus, family Leguminosae
- The bird's foot violet (Viola pedata) is a spring and autumn flowering perennial herb named for its finely dissected leaves which resemble the splayed toes of a bird.
- We must linger for a moment more, for just at the top of the bank I see the little bird's foot (Ornithopus perpussillus).
- The bird's-foot violet is a small perennial plant that flowers in the spring and again in the fall.