Definition of bird banding in English:
North American term for bird ringing.
- This early experiment in American bird banding paid off: Audubon was delighted to see the birds he had marked return the next year.
- Now, researchers use bird banding to track a range of avian activities.
- This fall's bird banding will take place from October 6th through the 18th.
bird bander noun
- Example sentences
- However, as an ornithologist and bird bander whose specialty is hummingbirds, I was surprised to read the author's assertion that hummingbirds cannot be banded due to risk of injury and impaired flight.
- In the United States, John James Audubon may have been the first bird bander.
- Tom is a photographer, but even cooler than that is a master bird bander.
Definition of bird banding in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan