Definition of bird call in English:
1The characteristic cry of a bird.
- As the moon was waxing and a nasty storm had just moved through, I was sitting near an open window about 8pm when I heard it… a distinctive bird call not like the usual night birds I hear.
- We had left the woods and were walking on the other side of the fence bordering the park when we heard an unfamiliar bird call.
- Canary creates a spectrogram, or visual representation of each bird call.
1.1An instrument imitating a bird’s characteristic cry, used especially by hunters.
- Supporters counter that it is no more unfair than using bird calls and decoys to attract birds or using baited hooks to catch fish.
- New Agers of either sex will have collections full of warbling pan pipes, waterfalls and bird calls.
- Students were carving birds, making bird calls (this was a surprisingly big group), making leather bracelets, candles, and glass jewelery, as well as doing some pottery.
Definition of bird call in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan