- A small wild cherry tree or shrub, with bitter black fruit that is eaten by birds.
More example sentences
- Prunus padus, family Rosaceae
- Nearly six hectares have been put in with a mix of ash, alder, downey birch, and sessile oak along with secondary species of rowan, goat willow, bird cherry and a lower shrub layer of hazel and hawthorn.
- He says that the caterpillars are ermine moths, which weave silk tents over bird cherry and other fruit trees.
- The wood of oak, hazel, rowan, alder, willow, juniper, ash, bird cherry and aspen will take shape on the shores of Loch Katrine over the next 20 years using thousands of acres of land leased to the Forestry Commission.
More definitions of bird cherryDefinition of bird cherry in:
- The US English dictionary