Definition of birdbrain in English:
A silly or stupid person.
- Instead of being the classic pair of sweet-but-boring lovers, Hero and Philia are a pair of birdbrains - though Philia is a bit more backward than her boyfriend.
- The birdbrain concerned ignores the fact that people are complaining precisely because the pests are NOT leaving them alone.
- Next time you're tempted to call someone a birdbrain, remember you might actually be giving them much more credit than you intend.
- Example sentences
- Ed's sister, Adele, and her best friend, Olivia, want the aviary to house Olivia's birdbrained Church of the Fifth Day.
- Anyone who has watched crows, jays, ravens and other members of the corvid family will know they're anything but ‘birdbrained.’
- A birdbrained scheme pays off
Words that rhyme with birdbrainsuzerain • sixain
Definition of birdbrain in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan