Definition of birdwatching in English:
The practice of observing birds in their natural environment as a hobby.
- Walter, who has hung up a bird feeder outside his apartment window, meets and chats up an 11-year-old girl who is bird-watching in a neighborhood park.
- There'd be a spot for sunbathing, another for bird-watching.
- There has been a lot of work gone into this accreditation and it really sets this area up as being the capital for bird-watching and study.
- Example sentences
- Do bird-watchers, by watching birds, influence the behavior of the birds they are watching?
- We can no longer maintain the old Cartesian view that we can observe Nature like a bird-watcher with a perfect hide.
- No precise data on West Nile-related deaths are available for wild crows, but bird-watchers have noted far fewer of the birds in certain areas where they once thrived.
Words that rhyme with birdwatchingheartsearching
Definition of birdwatching in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan