- An official document issued to record a person’s birth and identify them by name, place, date of birth, and parentage.More example sentences
- The second was the issue of the birth certificate and whether or not that would be altered to reflect the plaintiff's name.
- I know to get a passport you need to use your national identity card and a birth certificate.
- At first, she was told she could not see her husband because her birth certificate and marriage certificate were in English.
More definitions of birth certificateDefinition of birth certificate in:
- The US English dictionary