- 1The anniversary of the day on which a person was born, typically treated as an occasion for celebration and the giving of gifts: his twenty-ninth birthday [as modifier]: a birthday cakeMore example sentences
- Family and friends gathered around a huge birthday cake singing Happy Birthday.
- Steve has made this cake on his birthday for his colleagues with an overwhelming positive response.
- On our birthdays we have a cake and smiley-face stickers.
- 1.1The day of a person’s birth: he shares a birthday with Rod StewartMore example sentences
- Here are a few prominent people that share their birthdays this month.
- I was born on his birthday and the twelfth anniversary of his return to the throne.
- My grandfather noted that the day I was born was also the birthday of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
- 1.2The anniversary of something’s origin or foundation: the seventy-fifth birthday of the InstituteMore example sentences
- Meanwhile, this Saturday is open day at the Hunt as the museum celebrates its seventh birthday.
- The Big Issue in Scotland will also celebrate its seventh birthday on 29 June.
- Google, celebrating its seventh birthday today, has revamped its video search service.
in one's birthday suit
- • humorous Naked.More example sentences
- I wanna walk around in my birthday suit.
- I told her that despite it being cooler than usual… I'm still sleeping in my birthday suit.
- Women looked away and parents shielded their children's eyes as a foreigner with a receding hairline pranced on the New Delhi railway platform in his birthday suit.
More definitions of birthdayDefinition of birthday in:
- The US English dictionary