- A small beetle related to the furniture beetle, with larvae that feed on dried foodstuffs and stored products such as biscuits, pasta, and seeds. Also called drugstore beetle.
More example sentences
- Stegobium paniceum, family Anobiidae
- There are also thousands of lesser-known beetles that live off dried pulses at the back of cupboards - mine turned out to be biscuit beetles: harmless bugs, common in old houses.
- In 1997, the gallery had to remove the painting from display when it was discovered that an infestation of biscuit beetles were eating their way through the relining canvas at the back.
- The eggs of the biscuit beetle are pearly white, and are not easily seen with the naked eye.