Definition of bisexual in English:
1Sexually attracted to both men and women.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is for the first time recommending that all sexually active gay and bisexual men be tested at least once a year for HIV.
- Such men maintain that they are not gay or even bisexual, just sexually progressive.
- Clinicians also see a number of male-to-female transsexuals who are genuinely bisexual and attracted to both men and women.
2 Biology Having characteristics of both sexes.
- The cone exhibits at least a partially bisexual character that appears to have pollen sacs with monosulcate ribbed pollen grains and sessile, asymmetric, and radiospermic ovules.
- Previous studies based on a qualitative analysis have shown a high degree of variability in the mode of expression of carpel/stamen in homeotic bisexual flowers.
- Flowers are bisexual, protogynous and pollinated by insects.
nounBack to top
A person who is sexually attracted to both men and women.
- Lesbians, gay men, and bisexuals represent a sexual minority, and like other minorities, they often face experiences of discrimination.
- Despite the supposedly greater overlap with heterosexuality, bisexuals have been rated less acceptable than lesbians and gay men.
- These are strange and exciting time for lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgenders and those who love and revile them.
Words that rhyme with bisexualasexual, heterosexual, homosexual, psychosexual, sexual, transsexual, unisexual
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.