- In the name of God (an invocation used by Muslims at the beginning of an undertaking).More example sentences
- It was only after he recited bismillah (Muslim phrase said prior to the commencement of any activity) that the lock turned.
- ‘The first thing I learnt was ‘bismillah irrahman irrahim’.
- Each threw seven times, chanting ‘bismillah’ and ‘Allahu Akbar’.
from Arabic bi-smi-llāh, the first words of the Koran.
More definitions of bismillahDefinition of bismillah in:
- The US English dictionary