noun (plural bistouries)
- A surgical knife with a long, narrow, straight or curved blade.More example sentences
- Everything was recorded: Félix cut twice with the bistoury and eight times with scissors.
- The instruments which he originally used were more often the bistoury or scalpel, although the clarinet was not absent in his life.
- The cutting blade 1 of the bistoury and the mechanism for fitting it in the handle are known and therefore they are not described herein.
mid 18th century: from French bistouri, originally bistorie 'dagger', of unknown origin.
More definitions of bistouryDefinition of bistoury in:
- The US English dictionary