- Mixed green leaves of a variety of salad vegetables with a bitter taste, such as endives, chicory, or spinach.More example sentences
- Their caramel - sweetness then makes a sophisticated winter salad with bitter greens (endive, chicory), crumbled blue cheese, a sprinkling of freshly shelled walnuts or pecans, tossed in nut oil and sherry vinegar.
- Nutty sweetbreads, bitter greens, gently brash shallots, and velvety chanterelles suffuse farfalle in well-oiled repertory.
- This is especially important when salads contain bitter greens.
More definitions of bitter greensDefinition of bitter greens in:
- The US English dictionary