A plant with small white flowers, which grows widely as a temperate weed, especially in damp soils.
- Genus Cardamine, family Cruciferae: several species
More example sentences
- Some weeds, such as chickweed, common groundsel, and bittercress, may germinate and grow at almost any time of year.
- Canlamine impatiens L., the narrowleaf bittercress, is an annual or biennial herb native to Eurasia that has become naturalized in many parts of the eastern United States.
- The woods contain an area of rare wet woodland - a government priority habitat - featuring rare marsh marigold and bittercress.
Definition of bittercress in:
- The US English dictionary