- A substance added to a toxic product, e.g. antifreeze, to make it taste or smell extremely bitter and thus discourage inhalation or ingestion.More example sentences
- A Senate sub-committee is considering legislation to add a bittering agent to anti-freeze to keep it from being swallowed.
- As for the bittering agent, the industry warned that it would put rats off the bait, leaving them to run amok in the nation's cities.
- One, called a "bittering agent," would sour the pellets' taste so that kids who started eating them would spit them out.
More definitions of bittering agentDefinition of bittering agent in:
- The US English dictionary