Definition of bituminize in English:
Convert into, impregnate with, or cover with bitumen: (as adjective bituminized) a bituminized pipe resists corrosion
More example sentences
- They will also bituminise the community's main road to reduce the risk of dust-borne health hazards.
- That layer was, by the time of the events with which I am concerned, if not from the outset, covered in bituminised felt.
- The hydrocarbon migration history of the basin has important implications for understanding the textural relationship between gold, bituminized oil and uraninite in the giant gold-uranium-pyrite ore deposits.
- Example sentences
- This surface was durable but slippery, and bituminisation was soon added to the procedure.
- At the end of 2001 total amount of concentrates treated by bituminization reached 941,7 m.
- During the bituminization stage, the neutralized byproduct is mixed with hot petroleum asphalt and solidified.
Definition of bituminize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.