Definition of bitzer in English:
nounAustralian /NZ informal
1A contraption made from previously unrelated parts.
- It was just a bitser, a diabolical piece of machinery as it was.
- I would have thought that a bitser car like that should be on a Q plate as there is only the chassis that's original?
- Like the Hailwood car, the McLaren M22 entered by Kirk F. White and used by Hobbs was also to some extent a bitser.
1.1A mongrel dog.
- I tried to remember how you described her: a bitser, a dog of the good sense to have well-mixed genes.
- One of my client's dogs is about to have puppies, which they can't afford and the puppies are the result of two bitsers breeding so god knows what they are, and the problems they may have.
- They were all bitzers, mainly tabby, some cream and brown but he was jet black.
1920s: abbreviation of the phrase bits and pieces.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan