- 1Either of two cultivated varieties of bean plant having small black seeds:
More example sentences
- ● a variety of soy bean, used fermented in oriental cooking. ● a Mexican variety of the French bean.
- However, other relatives are the navy bean, black beans and pinto beans.
- Some of these varieties include Huron and Mackinac navy beans, Redhawk dark-red kidney beans, and - this year - Jaguar and Phantom black beans.
- Landcare representatives say whilst the black bean is a local species it is not native to the coast and goes against Council's vegetation management plans.
- 1.1The dried seed of the black bean plants, used as a vegetable: [as modifier]: black bean sauceMore example sentences
- For the black bean truffle sauce: In a small saucepan, add the black beans and water and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When I'm in Brazil I eat our classic stew of black bean, rice, flour and beef, which our cook makes for us.
- Apples, bananas, green beans and black beans all contain lots of carbs-and they're super good for you!
- 2Either of two Australian plants of the pea family:
- ● a liana with blackish flowers (Kennedia nigricans, family Leguminosae). ● another term for Moreton Bay chestnut
More definitions of black beanDefinition of black bean in:
- The US English dictionary