- An area of bruised skin around the eye resulting from a blow: he had fouled three players, giving one of them a black eyeMore example sentences
- The second man had a broken nose, three teeth knocked out, black eyes, cuts and bruising to the torso and knees.
- Witnesses said the two ladies were frequently seen with black eyes and bruises while living with him.
- The unprovoked assault left her with bruises and two black eyes.
More definitions of black eyeDefinition of black eye in:
- The US English dictionary