(also black-eye bean, US black-eyed pea)
- A creamy-white edible bean which has a black mark at the point where it was attached to the pod.
More example sentences
- This bean is obtained from Vigna sinensis, family Leguminosae
- She went over to the side-dish section to get corn, black-eyed peas, green beans, mashed potatoes, and coleslaw.
- But with chunky pieces of warm French bread, the crunchy black-eyed beans plus the slices of avocado and soured cream it turned out to be very filling and very tasty - not mouth-searingly hot but subtly spicy.
- It was filling peasant fare: sausages, broad beans, smoked pork, bread and pecorino cheese, fried crabs and black-eyed beans.
More definitions of black-eyed beanDefinition of black-eyed bean in:
- The US English dictionary