- A bird of prey with dark plumage and a slightly forked tail, feeding mainly by scavenging and found throughout much of the Old World.
More example sentences
- Milvus migrans, family Accipitridae
- Scientists also predicted that species like the black kite, cattle egret and great reed warbler, not currently found in Britain, could migrate there if warmer summer temperatures continued.
- On one occasion when he was in remote New South Wales he shot a bronzewing and a black kite swooped to steal his bird.
- Dozens of black kites wheel around the spire surveying the dusty gardens for dead meat and the church walls bask in sunshine.