A leopard that has black fur rather than the typical spotted coat.
- The island harbours black-faced langur monkeys, sambar deer, cobras, pythons, black panthers, bison, jackals and wild boar, as well as fish eagles, kites, kingfishers and brilliant butterflies.
- A Hampshire school has declared its playing fields a no-go zone after two sightings of a big cat fitting the description of a black panther.
- The large black panther, which has been spotted stalking areas of Bexley over the past three years, made its latest appearance last Thursday.
A member of a militant political organization set up in the US in 1966 to fight for black rights.
- She did not see white peace activists energetically defending the Black Panthers, who were fighting a war for survival at the time.
- The most obvious influence on the rap artist's early politics is his mother's active membership of the Black Panthers, the African-American nationalist, revolutionary group.
- I think that not only the civil rights movement, but even certain black militant groups like the Black Panthers were necessary in the fight against racism and political inequality.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan