Definition of black spot in English:
1British A place or area marked by a particular trouble or concern: an unemployment black spot an accident black spot
More example sentences
- He called for motorists to be more considerate at many of the area's traffic black spots so jams were not made worse by drivers behaving badly.
- They overspeed and overtake what they consider slow vehicles at any point, even at areas known as black spots.
- This road has many accident black spots particularly around the Dromore west area.
2 [mass noun] A fungal or bacterial disease of plants, especially roses, producing black blotches on the leaves.
- Many popular roses are also susceptible to three fungal diseases, whose names black spot, mildew, and rust are descriptive of their appearance on rose leaves.
- A soaker hose waters the base of every plant, thereby minimizing black spot and mildew problems that often arise from wetting the leaves.
- To prevent black spot from infecting new plants, spray with a synthetic chemical fungicide once every 10 days, starting in midspring.
Definition of black spot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.