Definition of black spot in English:
1British A place or area marked by a particular trouble or concern: an unemployment black spot an accident black spot
More example sentences
- He called for motorists to be more considerate at many of the area's traffic black spots so jams were not made worse by drivers behaving badly.
- They overspeed and overtake what they consider slow vehicles at any point, even at areas known as black spots.
- This road has many accident black spots particularly around the Dromore west area.
2 [mass noun] A fungal or bacterial disease of plants, especially roses, producing black blotches on the leaves.
- Many popular roses are also susceptible to three fungal diseases, whose names black spot, mildew, and rust are descriptive of their appearance on rose leaves.
- A soaker hose waters the base of every plant, thereby minimizing black spot and mildew problems that often arise from wetting the leaves.
- To prevent black spot from infecting new plants, spray with a synthetic chemical fungicide once every 10 days, starting in midspring.
Definition of black spot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan