Definition of blacksmith in English:
1A person who makes and repairs things in iron by hand.
- In the alternate world site, players pick jobs and produce goods: blacksmiths make iron tools; tailors make shirts.
- The tapestry of life bent around him, its threads flowing, bending to his will like iron before a blacksmith's anvil.
- They could be repaired by local blacksmiths, a process that usually involved laying on a new steel bit.
- This was a specialized job mainly carried out by a blacksmith, later called a farrier.
- In some states, statutes specifically give farriers, horse shoers, or blacksmiths liens on horses they have shod.
- The auto mechanic replaced the blacksmith, but it didn't mean all the horses vanished.
Words that rhyme with blacksmithmonolith • Nasmyth
Definition of blacksmith in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan