- 1A muscular membranous sac in the abdomen which receives urine from the kidneys and stores it for excretion: patients were asked to empty their bladders before going to bedMore example sentences
- Waste products from the blood are removed in the kidneys and stored in the bladder as urine.
- This maneuver requires that manual pressure be exerted on the abdomen over the bladder to express the urine.
- A small amount of urine drips constantly from your kidneys to your bladder through tubes called ureters.
- 2An inflated or hollow flexible bag or chamber: a dried bladder of seaweed an air bladder in the arch of the shoeMore example sentences
- The maximum distance across the grain ranged from 50 to 70 m, and depended on the expansion of the pollen bladders.
- In contrast to some other halophytic plants, S. salsa does not have salt glands or salt bladders on its leaves.
- Other conifers produce pollen with a single bladder.
Old English blǣdre, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch blaar and German Blatter, also to blow1.