Responsible for wrongdoing and deserving of censure or blame.
More example sentences
- The investigator found that the council was not blameworthy of doing anything wrong in the circumstances.
- Decisions are often based not on general concepts of blameworthy or culpable conduct, but on the precise interpretation of technical terms within the act.
- If criminals under a particular age are less blameworthy than other criminals it might seem to follow that we should spare such criminals the harshest sentence.
- More example sentences
- The investigation is concerned with ‘fault’ which includes blameworthiness as well as causation.
- When there are multiple agents associated with a negative event, however, the perceived responsibility and blameworthiness of each agent may be greatly reduced.
- The criminal law normally reflects culpability and blameworthiness for moral wrong in a general sense.