- A sweet opaque gelatinous dessert made with flavoured cornflour and milk: a good old-fashioned blancmange [mass noun]: a double helping of pink blancmangeMore example sentences
- May I have some more of the pink blancmange please?
- It was the day of her wedding and she had been shaking like a blancmange since the moment she woke up.
- I had a sudden appetite for jelly and blancmange, you see.
late Middle English blancmanger: from Old French blanc mangier, from blanc 'white' + mangier 'eat' (used as a noun to mean 'food'). The shortened form without -er arose in the 18th century.
More definitions of blancmangeDefinition of blancmange in:
- The US English dictionary