- (Of a rocket or spacecraft) take off from a launching site: space shuttles generally blast off with a minimum of fussMore example sentences
- The spacecraft will blast off on 26 October on a journey that will take it approximately five months.
- Current polar satellite launch vehicles can blast off carrying 1,000 to 1,200-kilogram units.
- A privately-built rocket blasted off into suborbital space above California's Mojave Desert today.
More definitions of blast offDefinition of blast off in:
- The US English dictionary