- 1 [attributive] • informal Used to express annoyance: make your own blasted coffee!More example sentences
damned, damn, blessed, flaming, precious, confounded, pestilential, rotten, wretchedNorth American • informal goddamAustralian/New Zealand • informal plurryBritish • vulgar slang soddingIrish • vulgar slang fecking• dated cursed, accursed, damnable
- He won't be able to fight with it, let alone carry the blasted thing up a mountain!
- Some brat even threw a rotten apple core at me and sped away in his blasted tricycle contraption before I could catch him.
- Later that morning I brought the blasted computer into one of the two public lounges, settled into a plush chair and tried to concentrate.
- 2 [attributive] • literary Withered or blighted; laid waste: a blasted heath an area of blasted treesMore example sentences
- Driven mad, he wanders the blasted heath as his rivals watch the clan destroy itself.
- Films and photographs of the time show ‘pitiful streams of helpless civilians trekking through a blasted landscape of broken cities and barren fields’.
- It does look like a nuclear bomb has hit - kilometres of blasted earth, with just a few shells of houses and the odd palm tree left standing amongst the wasteland.