- Any of a number of North American plants, some of which are cultivated for their flowers, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● a plant of the daisy family with tall spikes of purple or white flowers (genus Liatris, family Compositae). ● a plant of the lily family bearing spikes of white flowers (Chamaelirium luteum, family Liliaceae). Also called devil’s bit, unicorn root
- In Missouri, some glades do resemble prairies, with plants that include big and little bluestem, Indian grass, Indian paintbrush, prairie larkspur, purple coneflower, and blazing stars.
- By the time of the first prescribed burn, Heller's blazing star, another declining species within the same habitat, had been listed as threatened.
- Showing off in autumn are blazing star, bristleleaf chaffhead, goldcrest, redroot, two kinds of native sunflower, woolly sunbonnets, and several species of yellow-eyed grasses.
More definitions of blazing starDefinition of blazing star in:
- The US English dictionary