Definition of blazonry in English:
noun[mass noun] Heraldry
1The art of describing or painting heraldic devices or armorial bearings.
- You will use the knowledge of heraldry and blazonry taught to you at great pains (mostly yours) by your father's herald to identify other characters and know them for friend or foe.
- The main blazonry rule is that a color cannot be placed on a color and a metal cannot be placed on a metal.
- This aspect of the work of the herald is armory and it is necessary to learn the language of blazonry.
1.1 [treated as plural] Heraldic devices or armorial bearings.
- It was felt by the heraldic writers of the time that such heavenly blazonry should be reserved for the highest nobility.
- The blazon must conform to the Composition Rules of Blazonry, which have evolved throughout history.
Definition of blazonry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan