- 1A person or thing that bleaches.More example sentences
- It was usual practice for the finishing trades of the bleachers and dyers to develop alongside hosiery.
- And I find it rather hard to identify with linen bleachers and farm workers.
- The arrival of French bleachers who developed the town's textile industry in the late 1760s added to it.
- 2 (usually bleachers) North American A cheap bench seat at a sports ground, typically in an outdoor uncovered stand: there’s a pudgy man in the bleachers pacing the aislesMore example sentences
- On their way to practice they noticed Kendra sitting on the bleachers on the old court, with a photo album.
- We had our own designated section of the bleachers, and were supposed to spend at least half of each game there.
- I cringed as the crowd of Clemington students next to me began screaming names across the gym bleachers.
More definitions of bleacherDefinition of bleacher in:
- The US English dictionary