- 1A small blister on the skin.More example sentences
- Interestingly, there were no other lesions (i.e., blebs or bullae) present.
- In the early stages of the disease the alveolar walls appear perfectly normal while in the later stages, fibrosis of the alveolar wall with blebs and bullae is common.
- Antimetabolites are used to decrease the likelihood of fibrosis and scar formation in blebs and to increase the success rate of infiltration.
- 1.1A small bubble in glass or in a fluid.More example sentences
- Place the glass bleb flat-side down on top of the glue drop on the front of the Mars picture, pressing down to spread the glue, and centering the bleb.
- But I noticed that some of the rims have some manufacturer's flaws - one has a small bleb of extra glass and another has a slightly uneven rim.
- A bleb of glass with clinopyroxene and plagioclase is located below and to the right of the large plagioclase phenocryst.
- 1.2 Biology A rounded outgrowth on the surface of a cell.More example sentences
- Plasma membrane blebs and cytoskeletal disruptions occur in association with intercellular and intracellular gaps exposing basement membrane.
- A few cells have numerous tiny blebs on the cell membrane and orange nuclei colored with EtBr, which indicates some disturbance of the plasma membrane permeability.
- The calculated membrane strains were in good agreement with experimentally observed and predicted strains in aspirated blebs from red blood cells.
early 17th century: variant of blob.
More definitions of blebDefinition of bleb in:
- The US English dictionary