- Involuntary tight closure of the eyelids.More example sentences
- The mix-up happened when the five were being treated at Bradford Royal Infirmary for an eye condition called blepharospasm, which causes involuntary muscle contractions that cause the eyelids to close.
- A tic commonly affecting adults is a spasmodic closure of one or both eyes, known as blepharospasm.
- Medically, it is used by to treat spasticity and blepharospasm.
late 19th century: from Greek blepharon 'eyelid' + spasm.
More definitions of blepharospasmDefinition of blepharospasm in:
- The US English dictionary