- 1Made holy; consecrated: the Blessed SacramentMore example sentences
- Then the blessed Holy Spirit himself, and He, alone, will dominate, motivate, and control your life.
- It is an example that has connotations of sacredness associated with the blessed tree.
- Let us look next at the sinless life of the blessed Son of God.
- 1.1A title preceding the name of a dead person considered to have led a holy life, especially a person formally beatified by the Roman Catholic Church: the Convent of the Blessed AgnesMore example sentences
- One example of this truth is Blessed Damien de Vesteur.
- The saintly qualities of Fr. Solanus compare with those of Blessed Mother Teresa, according to Fr. Benedict Groeschel.
- Mahatma Gandhi and blessed Mother Teresa, great Indians of the last century, greatly contributed to build solidarity and freedom among Indian people.
- 1.2Endowed with divine favour and protection: blessed are the meekMore example sentences
- We, religious people, are blessed in many ways because much is provided just in the name of following Jesus.
- Those men who are absorbed in devotion for Vishnu are blessed in the world.
- Regardless of these differences: I pray you will be blessed in your practise.
- 2 • informal Used in mild expressions of annoyance or exasperation: he’ll want to go and see his blessed allotmentMore example sentences
- Here at the launch site they were just a few dozen engineers and laborers in the deep wilderness, every blessed thing brought in piece by piece on balsa wood rafts.
- My father is in a hospital in Florida out of his mind on pain-killers while awaiting surgery and there's not a blessed thing I can do except wait for the phone to ring.
- There was not a blessed thing I would change except the stop in Laughlin/Bullhead City.
- More example sentences
- I love the Shower Cleaner because it's so blessedly hands-off - you don't have to scrub, just spritz and rinse.
- Your routine each day will be blessedly simple: Wake up; stuff yourself with pancakes, eggs, and bacon; ride the park trail of your choice; then go on a hike to burn off the grub.
- I haven't had this particular childhood-conjuring treat in years, living as I have been in the blessedly canned-noodle-and-tomato-sauce-free wastelands of Asia.