(also cor blimey /kɔː/)
exclamationBritish • informal
- Used to express surprise, excitement, or alarm.More example sentences
- Already on the bill were The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Buzzcocks and The Vibrators… blimey!
- At one point, he actually says, ‘I'd love a cuppa tea’ - cor blimey!
- Babel earns Holland a corner to force the entire stadium onto the edge of their seats, but Cocu's header is completely aimless… cor blimey!
late 19th century: altered form of (God) blind (or blame) me!.
More definitions of blimeyDefinition of blimey in:
- The US English dictionary