- A social engagement with a person one has not previously met, arranged with a view to the development of a romantic or sexual relationship: she met her husband on a blind dateMore example sentences
- Mudadiwa Chinyoka, who was born in Zimbabwe and whose visa ran out seven years ago, met 17-year-old Gemma Atkinson on a blind date in Doncaster arranged through a mutual friend.
- Joanne Dove, an effervescent 42-year-old mother of seven, is a ‘shadchan’, one of the matchmakers who devote hours each day to arranging matrimonial blind dates.
- Warm-hearted neighbours gave her food and clothes, helped find work for her and arranged blind dates.
More definitions of blind dateDefinition of blind date in:
- The US English dictionary