(US blindman's bluff)
- A game in which a blindfold player tries to catch others while being pushed about by them.More example sentences
- The original libretto is lost, although it is known that the ballet featured Cupid, a game of blind man's buff, and a trio of shepherdesses, one of whom is disguised as a man.
- I know you are opposed to violence, but the fool had the audacity to let his two youngest stroll over to our house and ask for Janet to join them in a game of blind man's bluff.
- The US, for the most part, is engaged in a brutal game of blind man's bluff.
early 17th century: from buff 'a blow', from Old French bufe (see buffet2).
More definitions of blind man's buffDefinition of blind man's buff in:
- The US English dictionary