A small burrowing insectivorous snake which lacks a distinct head and has very small inefficient eyes. Also called worm snake.
- Infraorder Scolecophidia: three families, in particular Typhlopidae, and several genera
More example sentences
- Although there's not a trace left on the outside, boas, pythons, and blind snakes all have completely useless vestigial hipbones buried in their bodies.
- The startling discovery was that as we kept coming back to this island over two or three years we kept finding the same blind snakes which we'd marked.
- Depending on their size - which can range from a 2-inch blind snake to a 38-foot green anaconda, snakes' carnivorous diets range from mice, rats, fish, frogs and eggs to small deer, crocodiles and even other snakes.
Definition of blind snake in:
- The US English dictionary