Definition of blind stitch in English:
A sewing stitch producing stitches visible on one side only.
- I then attached the fringe to the edges of the garment from the inside with steam-a-seam, then I used the blind stitch on the sewing machine and attached from the inside of the garment.
- All wetsuits that have blind stitch are made in a similar way.
- The blind stitch, often referred to simply as ‘hand sewing,’ is one of the most useful techniques for keeping that old interior intact on a budget.
verb(blind-stitch) [with object] Back to top
Sew (something) using blind stitches.
- All hoods are glued and blind-stitched, have top vents, and feature taped seams on the 3mm face seal, which allows for trimming to a custom fit.
- A blind-stitched seam looks similar to a flat-lock stitched seam although it would usually appear to be narrower in width.
- Rethread the needle and, beginning at a bottom corner, blind stitch up the corner miter to the fabric upper edge.
Definition of blind stitch in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan