nounchiefly North American
- A trust independently administering the private business interests of a person in public office to prevent conflict of interest.More example sentences
- You could give as much as you wanted to as many politicians as you liked, but the money would go through a blind trust administered by the government.
- When he was elected four years ago, he put all his business interests into a blind trust - and he'll take them back in a little less than two months.
- A blind trust is meant to prevent politicians having specific knowledge of their own investments so that there can be no accusations of undue influence on government policy.
More definitions of blind trustDefinition of blind trust in:
- The US English dictionary