- 1Without being able to see; unseeingly: she began groping blindly in the darkMore example sentences
sightlessly, without sight, without vision, unseeinglyimpetuously, impulsively, rashly, hastily, recklessly, heedlessly, uncontrolledly, uncontrollably, uninhibitedly, unrestrainedly, wildly, irrationally, frantically, violently, furiouslyuncritically, unthinkingly, mindlessly, injudiciously, indiscriminately; airily, insouciantly; credulously, naively• rare undiscerningly
- Nothing like sopping wet drunks stumbling around blindly in the light from dying embers.
- He stared at him blindly, his eyes almost vacant.
- Reaching out blindly to where she should've been, Dante whispered her tarnished name.
- 2Without understanding or using one’s judgement; unthinkingly: don’t blindly accept dogma as justificationMore example sentences
- It is no badge of courage to blindly accept the actions taken in our name by our government.
- In terms of the larger historical and social questions, they proceed blindly.
- When we study the Buddhist dharma, we are not supposed to blindly accept what we are told.