adjective[attributive] • informal
- Complete; utter (used to express annoyance or contempt): a blithering idiotMore example sentences
- Through some strange process of absorption, many otherwise intelligent individuals become blithering idiots under the barrage of abuse that is pledging.
- I will quickly write something intelligent tomorrow to atone for the blithering idiot I am tonight.
- You aren't the blithering idiot the past few have been, and I have this feeling that you're not racist.
late 19th century: from blither + -ing2.
More definitions of blitheringDefinition of blithering in:
- The US English dictionary